12-year-old New Yorker Vita has her heart set on playing Helen of Troy in the school musical. After all, her mother is a Greek translator, so Vita knows the story better than anyone! But when the pretty Helen McGuire is cast instead, Vita's dreams of stardom -- and of her absent father coming home to see her in the show -- begin to dim. Even though her role has only one line, Vita holds onto her dreams, and soon, it seems that her luck may change. But will her star shine bright enough to guide her father home? This charming and big-hearted musical brings a new twist to a classic tale.
For more information, visit the website for Helen on 86th St.
- Musical Comedy for Families
- 75 - 90 minutes
- 13 f, 3 m, 5 either (13-35 actors possible: 10-24 f, 3-14 m)
- Set: Unit set. Suggested locations include a girl's bedroom, a classroom, and a backstage area.
- Standard Edition ISBN: 978-1-62384-424-0
- 15 librettos (the book and lyrics)
- 15 piano/vocal score
- 1 demo CD
Pricing and other details are provided during the order process. Higher quantities of some items may be purchased.