The Herdmans are the worst kids in the history of the world--so when they crash Sunday school and demand parts in the Christmas pageant, the whole town panics. There's not supposed to be fighting or cigar-smoking in Bethlehem, and while these kids have never even heard the Christmas story, they definitely have rewrites! Soon everyone from the terrified pint-sized shepherds to the furious church ladies are calling for first-time director Grace to cancel the whole thing. But it's up to her and the Reverend to help their community see the Christmas story and the Herdman kids through new eyes in this buoyant musical adaptation of the funny and touching holiday classic. Silent night? Not a chance. But sometimes a little joyful noise is just right for Christmas.
- Musical Comedy
- 65 - 85 minutes
- 10 f, 9 m (19-40 actors possible: 10-20 f, 9-20 m)
- Content Notes: BILLING/CREDIT: "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever: The Musical" Book and Lyrics Music and Lyrics Jahnna Beecham Malcolm Hillgartner (at 50% of Author title) Based on the Play by Barbara Robinson Orchestrations and vocal arrangements by Deborah Wicks LaPuma
- Set: Unit set, with areas that can become the church, school lunchroom, Herdman garage, and Bradley home with the simple addition of a table and chairs.
- 0 librettos (the book and lyrics)
- 19 Cast Script/Vocal Books
- 2 Piano/Conductor Book
1 orchestral set (optional) including:
- 1 Bass Book
- 1 Drum Book
- 1 Reed Book
- 1 Guitar Book
Pricing and other details are provided during the order process. Higher quantities of some items may be purchased.
1 Bass Book
1 Drum Book
1 Reed Book
1 Guitar Book