This Japanese Kabuki theatre-inspired adaptation of Hans Christian Andersen's classic tale lends a complex texture to this wonderful story of a duckling that learns the cruelties of the world when he is born different. Cast out into the wide world, trying to find where he belongs, the "ugly" duckling finds freedom and acceptance only once he starts believing in himself. Memorable songs create a rich tapestry, making this timeless "outsider" story into a loving adaptation that blends old and new.
- Musical for young audiences
- 60 - 70 minutes
- 2 f, 3 m, 14 either (5-25 actors possible: 2-22 f, 3-23 m)
- Set: Minimal.
- Standard Edition ISBN: 978-1-62384-560-5
- 15 librettos (the book and lyrics)
- 10 vocal score
- 1 conductor/piano/vocal score
- 1 original cast recording CD
- 1 accompaniment CD
1 orchestral set (optional) including:
- 1 keyboard/synth 2 score
- 1 bass score
- 1 percussion score
Pricing and other details are provided during the order process. Higher quantities of some items may be purchased.
1 keyboard/synth 2 score
1 bass score
1 percussion score