There's lightning in a bottle but a storm behind the scenes at the studio where Gene Kelly begins work on Singin' in the Rain. He's determined to keep both his longtime collaborator Stanley Donen and trusted assistant Jeanne Coyne on set . . . despite the fact that they've just divorced, and the torch Coyne carries for Kelly is the reason why. To top it off, their producer is wrestling with the studio for resources, and newly hired co-star Debbie Reynolds can't even dance. One of the greatest movie musicals of all time is born in this intimate backstage play featuring the classic music, songs, and dance of golden-era MGM.
- Play with Music
- 100 - 110 minutes
- 2 f, 4 m (6 actors possible: 2-3 f, 3-4 m)
- Content Notes: What a Glorious Feeling! The Story of Singinâ€™ in the Rain by Jay Berkow
- Set: Single set -- a 1951 MGM rehearsal studio with an upright piano, mirrors, and a table.
- Standard Edition ISBN: 978-1-68069-031-6
- 8 librettos (the book and lyrics)
- 7 piano/vocal scores
- 1 accompaniment track - Green Dress Dance
Pricing and other details are provided during the order process. Higher quantities of some items may be purchased.