An uprooted Lily falls in love with a blushing bride, much to the dismay of The Great Longing Deity, a malicious stage curtain hell-bent on spreading nostalgia and institutionalized narrative. Tasked with becoming a real man in order to wed its beloved, the Lily attempts to hijack the story and create its own kind of narrative. What follows is an epic dismantling of theatrical norms and an inspiring, raucous ode to storytelling in all its myriad forms. Part Noh play, part musical, part verse play, part dance-theater, part silent film, and part party, The Lily's Revenge is a one-of-a-kind extravaganza of theater, love, and community.
- Play with Music
- 150 - 300 minutes
- 4 f, 3 m, 25 either (32-100 actors possible: 32-100 f, 32-100 m)
- Content Notes: Adult language and content.
- Set: A flexible theater space: each act requires a different audience/stage configuration.
- Standard Edition ISBN: 978-1-62384-216-1
- 32 librettos (the book and lyrics)
- 22 piano/vocal score
Pricing and other details are provided during the order process. Higher quantities of some items may be purchased.