This modern musical adaptation lifts Jane Austen's comedy of manners out of Regency England and sets it down in contemporary Connecticut. Emma, a graduate student at Highbury College, embarks on a personal mission to set up a lonely gay student named Harry with a suitable boyfriend. She sets her sights on school a cappella star Trevor, but her plan is soon complicated by the return of an old rival and a visit from a British film star. Emma's mentor/advisor, Dr. Knight, and her old friend, Miss Bates, join the fracas -- and the rural college soon teems with missed connections. A delightful and deeply felt spin on the original.
- Musical Comedy
- 100 - 110 minutes
- 4 f, 5 m, 3 either (12-30 actors possible: 4-17 f, 5-18 m)
- Content Notes: Optional adult language.
- Set: No requirements beyond simple representations of various interior scenes. A hallway, an office, a living room, bedrooms, a dance floor, a coffee shop.
- Standard Edition ISBN: 978-1-62384-415-8
- 13 librettos (the book and lyrics)
- 13 vocal score
- 1 piano/vocal score
- 1 demo CD
Pricing and other details are provided during the order process. Higher quantities of some items may be purchased.
1 full conductors score
1 cello score
1 reed/winds score