The Devil himself narrates this uniquely American Faust story, told with a rousing and beautiful folk-inspired score. Old Scratch is challenged when the miserly and slothful Tom Walker refuses to trade his soul for treasure. But after doing Tom the favor of getting rid of his pesky wife, the Devil is able to strike a deal, making Tom a wealthy lender to the foolish and seedy of the aristocracy. When one of his clients commits suicide, Tom realizes his own mortality and seeks absolution to avoid his fate, resulting in a darkly comical cautionary tale of the price of avarice.
- Folk Musical Comedy/Drama
- 80 - 95 minutes
- 2 f, 4 m, 1 either (5-14 actors possible: 2-5 f, 3-9 m)
- Set: A large wheeled chest and a few entrances.
- Standard Edition ISBN: 978-1-62384-586-5
- 10 librettos (the book and lyrics)
- 10 conductor/vocal score
- 1 Demo CD
Pricing and other details are provided during the order process. Higher quantities of some items may be purchased.